Surf with Us!
There’s another reason we’re considered to be one of the best resorts in the Maldives – our world-class surf. Magnificent waves and a policy of sustainable surfing combine to make Pasta Point at Cinnamon Dhonveli is one of the most sought after surfing locations by award-winning surfers from around the world. In fact, it was said that the father of surfing, Tony Hussein Hinde was shipwrecked here in the early 70’s and fell in love with the location because of its ability to not be affected by winds and its constant delivery of pristine surfing waves.
We are Green Globe ISO 22000, 14000 & 18000 certified. We have a strict policy of permitting only 30 surfing spots on the island at a given time while we also encourage our guests to follow environmentally conscious policies when they are on the island.
Maximum 30 surfers!
Surfing at Pasta Point and the surf transfer boats are for Atoll Adventures’ clients only.
Please note that all surfers and companions booking to Cinnamon Dhonveli must be booked on the Atoll Adventures surfing package which includes airport transfers; accommodation; full board; surf transfers; other activities and Maldives taxes. Bookings can only be made through Atoll Travel or one of its accredited agents. (It is not possible to book a surfing package through Bookings.com or any online portal)
In 1991 Atoll Adventures’ founder the late Tony Hussein Hinde selected the little resort on Kanuoiy Huraa island in North Male Atoll as the location to establish the Maldives first land based surf tour. It was chosen for one reason…..it’s simply the best location for surfers with the quality and consistency of Pasta Point and the proximity to three other world class waves. Much has changed; the old Tari Village resort became the luxurious Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives and Atoll Adventures became the most exclusive and comprehensive surfing operation in the Maldives maintaining the highest standards of service and sustainability:-
- Maximum of only 30 surfers on island with exclusive access to Pasta Point.
- Pasta Point the most consistent break and best wave if smaller swell.
- Closest resort to the other prime breaks of Sultans (R), Honky’s (L) & Jailbreak (R) all within 10 minutes by boat.
- Unlimited surf transfers to the regional breaks included.
- First boat to Sultans departs at 5.30am to be first in the water.
- All surf transfer boats and guides with walkie-talkie communication for coordinating quick access to breaks.
- Operations Manager, Dara with over 20 years’ experience.
- All ISA accredited Maldivian surf guides.
- Perfect for just the boys or with partners & children.
- Perfect for all abilities of surfers.
- Flexible arrival/departure days to suit all itineraries.
- Snorkelling and fishing also included for the non-surfers.
Every surf traveler should experience the uncrowded, consistent and perfect waves of the renowned Pasta Point while enjoying the comforts, service and sensational food of the four star Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives resort.
Come and join the legion of annual repeater guests and find out for yourself just why they keep returning year after year!
International Phone: + 61 3 5682 1088
International Fax: + 61 3 5682 1202.